Welwyn Hatfield Council Legal Services

The 24-hour service specializes in helping people obtaining court injunctions to protect them from further abuse. Victims can contact a lawyer directly who can advise and assist them with a range of legal services. These include access to children`s rights; Housing and financial matters. Where we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent and request deletion of your data. As explained above, in many cases we do not rely on consent. If you wish to view the personal data we hold about you, a request can be made by letter or email dataprotection@welhat.gov.uk. Please tell us exactly what information you would like to see, e.g. housing tax, building application, housing. We have one calendar month to respond to you, from the date of receipt of your request. And you may be asked to provide proof of identity to prevent fraudulent requests and expedite the process of gathering information. Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council collects and processes personal data in the performance of its statutory and discretionary functions. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) set out the legal obligations that the Council must comply with when processing personal data and also give you certain rights that we must respect. Further information can be found in our privacy policy.

Data protection law gives individuals the legal right to know what information about them is stored on paper and on electronic media. In July 2008, a free legal aid centre for victims of domestic violence was established in Welwyn Hatfield in partnership with the National Centre for Family Violence (NCDV) and lawyers. Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council stores and processes a significant amount of information, including personal data, about residents of this borough. We do this to provide our services as efficiently as possible. We recognize that we are committed to handling all information we hold responsibly, keeping it safe and handling it properly. Please note that our online and telephone payment services will be temporarily unavailable until 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 16. This is due to the necessary maintenance work. If we rely on consent to process your data, you may request withdrawal of consent or restrict/object to certain elements of processing. The Board does not depend on consent in most cases, as it is legally required to perform certain tasks. For example, processing development applications and collecting municipal tax payments.

The Council shall ensure that it fulfils the conditions required for the lawful processing of personal data and that they are properly recorded. There are a number of ways in which processing may be lawful. Consent is one method, but it is important to know that consent is not always required and that the Council can lawfully process personal data as long as a condition is met. Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. The Privacy Policy explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy. The Legal Aid Office can be contacted on 08709 220704, toll-free 0844 80 44 999 or by SMS to NCDV on 60777. The law protects people living in residential properties from harassment and unlawful evictions. For other services we offer, see the contact information below. Advice on individuals` rights under data protection law is available from the Information Commissioner`s Office. This ensures that they are effective, transparent and accountable. It could be a landlord, their agent, or someone associated with them who is doing things that are troubling and undermining your sense of security. Harassment covers a wide range of activities.

It may be intended to keep you away from home. A copy of the full legislation can be found on the legislation.gov.uk website. Depending on the reasons for requesting possession, the notice period can be up to two months, except in a few cases where the lease provides for a longer notice period. A Subject Access Request (RAS) is a written request from or on behalf of an individual to obtain a copy of the information the Commission holds about them that you may request under data protection laws. This differs from a freedom of information request, which concerns information available to the Council, but not a person`s data. Cabinet will make most decisions about what the board does. It consists of seven members of the Council of the majority group, chaired by the President of the Council, and meets regularly to take the lead at the highest level. These are the SRA-regulated individuals in this organization. The Council has a data protection officer whom you can contact at dataprotection@welhat.gov.uk. Contact the Planning Policy team for more information on Welwyn Hatfield`s policies.

If you are a guaranteed or short-term tenant renting in the private sector, your landlord cannot evict you without a court order, and this is a criminal offence. A landlord who asks for possession from you must notify you that they are taking legal action by serving a notice of application for possession. ⚠ Report abuse To notify the Law Society of any inappropriate or offensive content posted on Find a Lawyer, please visit our Contact Us page. You are not required to vacate the property until the termination expires, and even then, you cannot be evicted without a court order. Use our feedback form on the website to send us feedback or report problems with our website. Where does this information come from? Most of the information on this page comes from the Solicitors Regulation Authority. However, some information may have been processed directly by the professional, the company or its representative. Learn more. It is also a crime for the landlord or someone acting on their behalf: a landlord can usually only evict you after going through the courts. We do not regulate that organization, but it appears on our registry because there are SRA-regulated people working here. Below is a list of SRA-regulated individuals in this organization.

Our telephone lines are available during office hours. Contact us for advice on a development project in a protected area. Please provide your account number when contacting us. If you contact us on behalf of another person, we must obtain the written or verbal consent of the account holder. Find out more about when to contact Hertfordshire County Council.

KategorieBez kategorii